Friday, August 5, 2011

Another 30 Day Challenge: Day 5

Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.

There are some very obvious answers here. I hope to have a family. I hope to live a long, happy and healthy life. I hope I never get cancer. I hope for success in my endeavors. But, if I had to pick one thing that I hope for the most, it would have to be that I hope to be in a job I love for a very long time. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same job for years and years, I just hope that from here on out, I'm in a job I love.

I have realized that having a job you love is truly a special thing. One, because you spend a majority of your life where you work. There are 168 hours in a week. On average I work around 40-50 hours a week. I spend 5 hours a week getting ready to work and 10 hours a week getting to and from work. I sleep around 60 hours a week. So if you are conservative with this that is 60 hours doing work related tasks and 60 hours sleeping. That leaves a mere 48 hours left for everything else; family time, eating, events, chores, etc. That's 36% of life working, 36% of life sleeping and only 29% of every other part of life. Therefore, mathematically speaking, you can see how important work is and how it can effect every other part of your life.

I hope to love my job so that the 29% I have left with family and friends can be truly enjoyed instead of spent talking about how awful work is or is spent dreading going in the next day. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment