Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Another 30 Day Challenge: Day 17

Day 17: A book you've read that changed your views on something.

The most recent example that I can think of is a book called Strengths Finder 2.0. It is a business/self discovery book in which you take an online test to determine your strength areas. Once you take the online test, about 135 questions, you find out your top five personality traits. The main idea behind the book is a good one. It is all about how you and your employer should focus on your top strengths instead of spending time trying to correct weaknesses. My top five strengths were identified as: Relator, Learner, Belief, Analytical, Responsibility. I felt that the test was pretty accurate in determining who I am as a worker and a person. Relators are people persons. Learners are always seeking knowledge. Belief means that, as a person, I follow a certain set of personal guidelines and shape my life around them. Analytical means that I like to think, question and analyze situations. Responsibility means that I take pride in what I do and want to be the best.

I highly recommend this test to anyone who hasn't taken it. The book only cost about $18 and the insights it gave me were well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment