Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another 30 Day Challenge: Day 2

Day 2: Something you love about yourself.

What isn't there to love? Just kidding...

I guess I would have to say it's my giving spirit I love the most about myself. This is true of me in many respects. I am giving to my family. Always there for them to listen. I am giving to my co-workers. Always there to collaborate. I am giving to strangers I meet. Always opening doors, smiling, praying. I am giving to strangers I haven't met. Always donating time, talent and funds.

I love to give. I always have. The perfect way to describe my giving nature starts every year about mid-November. Christmas shopping begins! I love Christmas (a) because I get to spend time with my family but (b) because I get to buy everyone I love things I think they will enjoy. Most kids at Christmas are so excited to open their presents, even waking up at 2am and going to sleep underneath the tree near them. I wasn't so much different as a kid. I liked getting presents. But what I truly got up early and waited for was the looks on the faces of those who I had purchased/made gifts for. I love buying gifts for others way more than I ever will like receiving gifts.

I am a giving person. Not always perfectly, but always striving to be. Giving is what life is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment