Monday, August 29, 2011

Another 30 Day Challenge: Day 29

Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why?

I can be horrible about admitting fault. This flaw doesn't seem to ever rear its head in a professional work environment, but I often find it difficult to admit fault to my family. I think it is an issue that is born from (a) not wanting to be wrong and (b) the desire to be loved despite my many mistakes and faults. I sometimes don't know how to fix an argument, especially if I let it go on too long. There are plenty of times where I just want to scream "I'm sorry" but am terrified that it won't be received with acceptance. If I was sure that every apology I made, thus admitting fault, would be positively received, I feel I would be much more likely to admit and apologize. I know I need to change, we'll see if I can with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment