Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sweet Girl

Our little girl Cordelia went deaf two days ago and it seems as if she is entering the last phase of her life. She is still such a sweetheart, even though I am sure she is scared and perhaps in some pain. She hasn't wanted to come out of her cage for two days, but tonight, I eventually coaxed her onto my lap. My rule is that if she doesn't want to come out, she doesn't have to, but I'm so glad she did. She sat on my lap for what must have been 30 minutes. She groomed my hands almost the entire time. She even fell asleep for a few minutes. Although it was extremely sweet, it was also heartbreaking, as girl rats only ever sit still if they are sick or dying. Hopefully she will come back from this, but if not, we will miss her so much.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Cordelia when we had just brought her home. She was so small!

No comments:

Post a Comment