Thursday, June 21, 2012

Product Review: Diamond Candles

About a week ago I ordered my first Diamond Candle in the Vanilla Cream Scent. I found out about these candles while I was looking through a few random blogs who are a part of the Picket Fence Blogs Group. The neat thing about these candles is that each one contains a ring which is usually valued at $10 but can be worth up to $5000. I had no thoughts of buying this candle because I thought I was going to get some expensive ring, instead it was more about buying the unknown. It is like when you are a kid and they had those machines you plugged a quarter into and out popped an egg with a prize inside. You knew what the prize options were as they were clearly displayed on the machine, but it was a random surprise as to which you would get. I had that same child-like energy and enthusiasm when unveiling my Diamond Candle ring. It's neat that as adults we can still feel like kids some times.

Anyway, the ring is not the only great part of this purchase. The candle smells amazing and the scent really wafts throughout a whole room as it is burned. I am pretty bummed, actually, that I love these candles so much. I just can't justify spending $29.95 ($24.95 + $5.00 shipping) for one. I think the price point for me for these candles would be $14.95 + $5.00 shipping. But, lucky for the Diamond Candles company, almost no one else seems to agree with me as they sell over 10,000 candles per month. Do the math and you'll know that plenty of people don't mind paying this price. Perhaps, on some special occasion in the future, I will purchase another of these awesome smelling, childhood memory inducing candles.


Oh, and here is the ring I got in my candle. Very pretty and great quality! Unfortunately, it seems to be a size 10+ as it comes easily off all fingers, even my thumb. Oh yeah, it's also not a real diamond, obviously. Ah well, I enjoyed my Diamond Candles experience anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment