Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Great Day Spent with Friends


So Ryan and I started off the day having lunch with my favoritist roommate of all time, Kelsey+1 and her husband Adam.  I am calling her Kelsey+1 now since she just announced she is pregnant!  I cannot wait for little baby Casburn to arrive.  OTB was great as I got to eat my favorite Southwest Chicken Tacos and I got to see Kelsey, whom I haven't seen in way too long.  Both her and her husband are doing well, so that is always good to hear.  Seems like everyone is in baby mode!




Next up was meeting Mike, Amanda and Henry at the 2011 Texas Pinball Festival.  I wasn't too sure about this event, but Mike and Amanda went together last year, and insisted it was awesome.  They were right! For a $15 entry fee you could go and play as many of the machines as you liked for as long as you liked.  It was pretty rad, and yes, rad is the right word as they were blaring 80s music the entire time.  Anyway, it was all a little much for Henry, so we just stayed around an hour before heading to BJs.

Here are a couple of pics from the Festival:





Lucky for us it was porch weather, so we all hung out on the patio, drank beers (except Henry, of course) and had a couple of small plates.  Mike and Amanda had Crispy Artichokes and Ryan and I had Ahi Tuna Bites.  Yum!  After a couple of hours of hanging out, Amanda and Henry decided to head back to Southlake to spend time with Amanda's sister for the rest of the day.  This meant that Mike, Ryan and I could head back to the Pinball Festival!  We ended up playing a lot of the machines on 3 player.  Mike won most every time, Ryan was usually the runner up and I won a couple of the games.  After a couple more hours of playing, it was time for dinner.

Here is a pic of Henry and Ryan at BJs:




By 9pm we had arrived at Johnny B's Burgers and Shakes in Southlake.  I wasn't too keen on heading in to this place and the prices seemed a little steep, but the burgers were to die for!  Thin patties with perfectly melted cheese, lettuce, onions and thousand island dressing.  The homemade fries weren't too bad either.  I would for sure go back there!

We dropped Mike back off at Amanda's sister's house at around 9:30pm and called it a day.  And what a day it was!  I can't wait to see all our friends again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment