Tuesday, March 15, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 15

Challenge: A photo of someone you fancy at the moment

The obvious choice of picture to answer this challenge would be of my husband. Everyone would have to know he is the person I "fancy" most and you can see pictures of us in the 11.21.09 and Beyond section of this blog if you're really that interested. So instead I chose this man.


This is Marc Paskin. Marc was the focus of the second episode of a new TV show called Secret Millionaire.  I "fancy" (I keep putting that word in quotes because I think it a funny way to ask this question) this man because he was shown to be so truly selfless, a quality the world sadly seems to be missing lately.  He gave of himself and his money because he realized the power of giving. He realized that so many people have so little that even the smallest things mean something to them.  He said he would give up all of his money and his billionaire lifestyle, things like car and house included, and live in the poorest part of Detroit if he could use his money to buy life prolonging options for others. Now who's to say that he would ever really do that, but he did give away $110,000 to worthy causes and needy people, so I say he's pretty awesome.

Cheers to you Marc Paskin! Hopefully other people follow your lead of selfless giving. Hopefully it changed your life as I know you changed the lives of others.

Click here to learn more about Marc through an interview he did with the San Diego Union Tribune.

No comments:

Post a Comment