Sunday, March 13, 2011

Golfing at Oakmont


What a beautiful, absolutely beautiful, day for golf! Ryan and I decided last minute to see if we could get a tee time at Oakmont Country Club. Luckily one was available. It was pretty packed today because it was absolute perfect golf weather, so we ended up inviting the man behind us to join in with us.  His name was Rick and he was super nice to us. He started off by warning us that he hadn't played golf for six months so he thought he would be rusty. I thought he may be right, as the first couple of holes didn't go so well for him.  By the time we reached four, he was playing pretty well.  In fact, I think he was a bit better than Ryan and me.

Ryan shot a 114, which is not his best, and I shot a 116, which is my best so far.  After the first nine holes I was up by a stroke 56 to 57. Sadly, I couldn't hold it together on the back nine. I really have gotten a lot better.  This is the second time I have played 18 holes, as we play 9 quite a bit, and the first 18 I ever played I shot a 150.  So to improve by 34 strokes so far, is pretty good.  Hopefully Ryan and I can continue to play and I can break 110 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment