Monday, March 7, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 7

Challenge: Do you read? What are your favorite books?

I have a love/hate relationship with reading. I hate reading in that I was in school for so long and had to do so much reading, that for awhile after I graduated I couldn't even stand the sight of a book. Now that I have been out of school for 4 years, I am starting to really love to read again. The problem I have now is that I have a really hard time finding books that I actually enjoy. I hate fiction, for the most part. I like to feel like after I have finished a book I have either peered into the life of someone I wouldn't have otherwise been able to learn about or that I have a new knowledge of a specific topic. So, biographies, true life stories and business books are usually my pick.

It would be really difficult for me to pick a favorite book of all time, although to be honest it would probably be some children's book I read as a child. Things like The Indian in the Cupboard, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, The House on Mango Street, The Bean Trees, Lord of the Flies, Fahrenheit 451, The Glass Menagerie and The Giver. These were all great books that I liked as a kid.

If I had to pick adult book favorites they would include: Blink, Zig-Zagging: Loving Madly, Losing Badly...How Ziggy Saved My Life, Black Ties and Lullabies, A Night Without Armor, Heaven Sent, Same Difference: How Gender Myths Are Hurting our Relationships, Our Children and Our Jobs, The Five Love Languages and The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life: What Every Bride Needs to Know.

No comments:

Post a Comment