Thursday, March 17, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 17

Challenge: What do you want to be when you get older


If I had the answer to this, I would for sure be working towards it. When I was leaving high school and entering college, I thought for sure that I wanted to be in PR/Marketing. I just loved that creative type work and also working in a fast-paced environment where every day is different. Once I started taking some classes in PR though, I quickly changed my mind. I was also a double major in Sociology and loved that, so I decided to also major in Criminal Justice, just because it sounded interesting. So, there I sat after graduation, with a degree in Criminal Justice and a second major in Sociology. How did that happen?!

So, I knew that these two majors wouldn't take me where I wanted to be, so I decided to get a double masters in Health Sector Management and Business. So now, here I sit with both of those degrees working at a local non-profit in a Project Management role. Who knows where the future will take me, but I would eventually love to move into the corporate sector.

I wish I knew more than that, but this job planning stuff isn't easy. I guess I will just have to wait and see where life, and networking, takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment