Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ryan's 29th Birthday


Yesterday was Ryan's 29th birthday and we had such a fun day! We started out by visiting Taste of Dallas at Fair Park. We ate and drank and had a great time with my parents. We had things like banh mi, which is a Vietnamese sandwich, cinnamon roasted nuts, gelato, and grilled cheese with shredded pork. Everything we had was amazing, but I particularly liked the banh mi, as did Ryan. After a couple hours outside in the heat, we were ready to go home and freshen up.

My parents came over later that afternoon and we got to show them our new home. My Dad had been over a few times to help with a few repairs, so he had seen most of the house, but my Mom hadn't been over since we first looked at the house when it was on the market. We gave them the grand tour and then Ryan made some cocktails for everyone.

Next it was on to Joe's Crab Shack so Ryan could have one of his favorite meals, the BBQ Crab Steam Pot. My Dad had a seafood platter, my mom had a salad, and I had a delicious shrimp trio plate. All of the food was good and the atmosphere wasn't even too bad.

After dinner, it was back to the house where we flipped on the Ranger's game upstairs in the media room and chilled out in the recliners. Then, homemade key lime pie and presents.

I think Ryan got everything he wanted for his birthday and the celebration isn't over yet. Tonight we are heading to Stonebriar Country Club for dinner with Ryan's sister. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment