Monday, July 23, 2012

3 Day Diet


Today I started a three day detox diet. It is rumored to help people lose up to 10 lbs in three days. I would be happy with half that amount. I guess it is supposed to mostly reduce water weight and I'm sure the weight would come back as soon as you begin eating normally on day four, but I decided I could do any diet for 72 hours. Plus, most comments around the web say that people have lost at least 2 pounds and kept it off. I guess you would have to lose at least a little weight based on calorie restriction alone. We'll see what happens.


Day 1
Breakfast: black tea or coffee, 1/2 a grapefruit, 1 piece of toast with 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter.
Lunch: 1/2 cup tuna, 1 piece dry toast, black coffee or tea.
Dinner: 3 ounces lean meat, 1 cup green beans, 1 cup carrots, 1 apple, 1 cup vanilla ice cream.

Day 2
Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice dry toast, 1/2 banana, black coffee or tea.
Lunch: 1 cup cottage cheese and six crackers.
Dinner: two hot dogs, 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream.

Day 3
Breakfast: one apple, 1 ounce cheddar cheese, five Saltine brand crackers, black tea or coffee.
Lunch: one hard-boiled egg, one slice dry toast.
Dinner: 1 cup tuna, 1 cup carrots, 1 cup cauliflower, 1 cup melon, and 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream. 


I am following every detail of this plan except for the 1 cup of cauliflower on day three's dinner. Of the three foods I hate most in life, cauliflower makes the list. The other two? Tomato and rosemary. At least those don't appear in this diet. Make sure to check back on Thursday and I'll tell you if this worked at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment