Friday, July 6, 2012

Health IT Certification

It's official. I am a student again. How did this happen? I swore that when I walked out of that last class of my Masters program that I was done. For good. But here, just 5 years later, I am again a student.

Yesterday I was officially accepted into a certification program for health related information technology. I am working towards certification as both an Implementation Manager and a Health IT Professional (HIT Pro). I will be taking anywhere from the required 204 CEUs to an additional, optional 544 CEUs. It's a program that is all online, so I can work both on my lunch hour as well as at home. I'm hoping I'm well prepared. At the end of six months I will be taking the HIT Pro exam to become certified. It seems as though one day I will have more letters after my name than in my name itself. What can I say, I am a lifelong student.

No comments:

Post a Comment