Sunday, July 22, 2012

Movie Review: The Dark Knight Rises


This movie was absolutely one of the best movies I have ever seen. Having said that, I don't think it quite reached the epic level of The Dark Knight, but it came damn close. If the Dark Knight rises was a 10/10 movie, this was a 9.98/10. This movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time, it had great characterization, and it had twists I didn't see coming. This is pretty much the trifecta for any great action movie. Also, even though the run time was around two and a half hours, it felt like I was only in the theater for 30 minutes. That is how you know it's a good movie.

I loved the introduction of Catwoman as well. I was hesitant to like Anne Hathway as this sexy superhero, but any fears I had were quickly assuaged when she stepped on screen. She was brilliant. And, as much as I always hate to say it because he is such a jerk in real life, Christian Bale was a good Batman. Also, how can you not love Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Fox? The characterization was simply wonderful. The only reason I didn't like this film as much as The Dark Knight is that, in my opinion, Heath Ledger achieved perfection as the Joker. He was truly one of the best villains of all time.

After Batman Begins, which I wasn't a huge fan of, I would maybe give it a 6/10, I was hesitant to even go and see The Dark Knight for fear it would be more of the same. I can honestly saw that The Dark Knight tops the list of my favorite movies of all time. And now just below it on my list? The Dark Knight Rises. I can't wait to own it on BluRay so I can watch it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment