Sunday, June 26, 2011

Progressive Dinner Sundate

Today, Ryan and I had our first Progressive Dinner Sundate. It was super fun! We started off our Sunday by heading to the local PGA Superstore.  We ended up getting two golf push carts. Although we belong to the country club, it still costs $15 a person for us each time we want to rent a golf cart for a round. This means that our $260 investment will pay off in just 9 rounds. Not a bad deal.  I got a slate grey one and Ryan's is red.

After shopping at the PGA store, we decided to go tooling around at the Frisco IKEA. I love that place. It is so neat to look at all the cheapo furniture that is actually pretty nice looking. But, my favorite part of going to IKEA, besides the people watching, would have to be eating at the IKEA cafeteria. This is where we started our progressive dinner. We ordered the best dang Swedish Meatballs ever! I love that they come with the ligonberry sauce. So damn good!





Next on the progressive dinner list? Cheesecake Factory.  I told Ryan that I wanted to go somewhere with really good dessert. He hit the nail on the head. We had an excellent entree -- Chicken Madiera -- which was enough food for three people. We split it, thank God, as it was two chicken breasts, topped with cheese, mushrooms and madiera sauce, asparagus spears and two potatoes worth of mashed potatoes. It was good as you can see below.
 

We of course had cheesecake as well. Vanilla bean.  It was creamy and good.  All in all it was a good day that helped me to get my mind off of mom's upcoming test results. More about that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment