Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hopefully It's EasC


So, like I was blogging about before, my mom has breast cancer. It started with simply a mammogram which revealed a small tumor like mass. My mom was then referred for a ultrasound and films which showed that it seemed to be breast cancer. A biopsy was done and it was confirmed. A small, less than 2 centimeter, tumor. It is stage I and growth rate 2. This was fairly good news. This meant that even though she would have to have surgery that it should be a one and done, meaning they could just do the lumpectomy and a little bit of radiation and nothing else.

Just as a precautionary measure, they always do an MRI before surgery to make sure they have every opportunity to catch all cancer like masses. So, the doctor called my mom to let her know that there was a slight shadowing on the breast without the tumor. This means that tomorrow, she will have to go and do the whole process over again for the other side. Ultrasound and possible biopsy. We are just praying for the one and done. Praying that she doesn't have the gene that makes it part of heredity. That they don't have to do a double mastectomy and chemo.

She is a strong women who I have always admired. She is always there for me no matter what I do or have done. She is who I want to be and who I hope I am becoming. She is my momma.

It's like I told her what's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does. I love you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment