Sunday, June 5, 2011

Busy Four Days!

This past four days have been super busy! On Thursday, I spent the morning at work, but headed over to the hospital in the afternoon to visit my Grandpa. Late Wednesday night, he took a spill at the house and hit his head on the table.  Then, he was saying that he couldn't walk. Spending time with him is amazing, even if it was at the hospital, as I almost never get to see him. He is a truly amazing man who deserves every good thing in life, although he hardly ever gets any of it. The great news is that he is fine. The doctor just said he needed to get more exercise so his muscles aren't as weak.  He will be using a walker for awhile, but I am sure he will be better soon and that he won't even need it anymore. Did I mention he is about to turn 83?  He is truly amazing!!

On Friday, I had scheduled to take the day off work so that I could spend some time with my parents while Ryan was out of town at a boys golf weekend in Austin. I really am close with my parents, so Friday was awesome! My Dad and I had some really great quality time as we waited about 20 minutes at line to grab lunch at the new In and Out Burger in Allen.  My parents had never had In and Out, so I just had to go and get them some. Double Doubles for the win! We just hung out for a bit that afternoon while I helped my mom with some stuff for her upcoming book release. Then, we went to a family favorite for dinner, Noodle Wave!  We go there all the time. It is so good! We got home just in time to catch the final half of the Mavs game.  Go Mavs! Watching Mavs games is something my father and I love to do.  I love spending time watching basketball with him.

I spend the night with my parents and on Saturday we really just hung out. A lot of lounging around, messing around on the computer and watching TV. That is until I had to get ready to go run in the 2011 Firefly Run benefiting Children's Medical Center. It was so hot out, but that didn't keep me away from the run.  My goal was to break 39 minutes, as that was my previous 5K race time. Pathetic, I know, but I am totally not a runner. I was doing pretty well, until I realized around what I thought was mile two that I was about half a mile off on my Nike app.  I ran the first mile in 9 minutes 40 seconds, which was great. I knew that I was going to slow down on miles two and three, not by choice, but because it was so damn hot out! After I figured out my app was 1/2 a mile off, I pretty much was spent.  This meant that I ran the 5k in 44 minutes, around 14 minutes per mile. Not bad, but definitely not good.  The other problem was that there were over 3,000 people and it was really easy to cheat on your time as there were two u-turns in the race. Anyway, I was proud of myself for a) going to this race alone, b) running in the heat and c)finishing.  Needless to say, I don't think running is really my thing, but it was for a great cause, so it was all worth it.

After getting home late after the race, I slept in until around 9:30am today. After getting up, me and my parents got around and headed to Brio for lunch. It is a little Italian Bistro in Allen. I had never been, but my parents like it, so they wanted me to go with them. After eating there, I know why they love it. I had the best fruit crepes ever! I will definitely have to make a return trip! After we ate, we headed out to go and look at houses.  Ryan and I will be looking to move about a year from now, so I wanted to go to a few open houses to get an idea of some of the neighborhoods we might like to live in.  We saw one house I absolutely loved! I wish we were ready to buy, that would have been my house. I guess Ryan would have had to have seen it too, but I am sure he would have agreed. After house hunting, I went back to my parent's house to spend a couple more hours with them before I had to head home.

All in all I really missed Ryan this weekend, but I had a great time with my parents. It was just like the good ole' days!

No comments:

Post a Comment