Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Member Golf Outing


Yesterday Ryan and I played in the new member golf outing at Brookhaven. We played in a foursome with two other men, Blake and Adam.  They were both great golfers and about the same level of play as Ryan, so I know he had a great time. I had fun too, although I wasn't a great help to the team. We played the outing as a scramble, so I was happy just to have had two drives that were playable for the team. We ended up scoring somewhere in the middle of about 10-12 teams. We may not have come in first, but for me it felt great to not come in last.

After the round, we sat down to fresh grilled hamburgers and brats, homemade potato salad and cole slaw, chips, cookies and a keg of beer. It was a bit hard to find a shady spot, but we did find one and enjoyed a wonderful meal with Blake and Adam. 

All in all, a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment