Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tenderheart Lion

I know that there was a Tenderheart Bear and a Braveheart Lion in the Care Bears stories I grew up watching as a kid. Well, yesterday I felt like Tenderheart Lion.  I feel I am often not very girly when it comes to emotions and things of that nature, although a good Disney movie can always make me cry.  I tend not to be to weepy and emotional. That is the lion side of me.  This week the tenderheart side was really thrust to the forefront.  Why you ask?  All because of four small little things.






These four little furballs. When I came home I found a black cat with the sharpest yellow eyes just sitting there staring at me. The funny part was that when I pulled into the driveway, she didn't move a muscle. That was my first sign she was protecting something.  When I peered between the small two foot gap between our fence and our neighbor's fence, these four little fuzzballs caught my attention. Let me just say, I wanted the black and orange spotted one so badly! Too bad Ryan is allergic. Needless to say I called the local Humane Society who came to pick up the kittens. Sadly, they were unable to catch the momma cat to get her a home, but I am confident that those kittens are going to be so loved in some home instead of roaming the streets.

The two saddest parts of the story are that the momma kitten keeps coming around our house as if to look for her babies.  Also, the kittens and mom were in such good shape, that I feel someone felt they no longer wanted this family of five, so they just dropped them behind our house. No matter what, I am glad I got to meet these little guys, but man it tore my heart out to watch them squeal and whine as they were put into a cage when I knew it was best. Tenderheart Lion, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment