Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 95% Diet

As of recent, I have lost 11 pounds due to what I have been calling my 95% diet.  The fact is, this really isn't a diet at all. I have simply cut a few things out of my diet 95% of the time. These things include processed foods, red meat, soda and white pasta and bread. Now I haven't boycotted these things completely, just 95% of the time. I still eat things like fresh made cupcakes, fresh cut french fries and other things you would think are bad for weight loss. The main thing about all of these foods is that I only eat them if they are made fresh with no artificial preservatives. We almost don't buy anything in the store that comes in a box, so that leaves us buying fresh meat, flash frozen veggies, fresh fruit and other fresh foods. About 5% of what we eat contains preservatives, but no more.

This has been a really easy way to lose weight. This leads me to believe that it is food with artificial preservatives that cause one to gain wait. Now I am not trying to lead anyone to believe that this is the healthiest way to eat, because I am sure it isn't. Like I said, I still eat cupcakes, frosting and some diet sodas and similar things from time to time. All I know is that I have always had a hard time losing weight and with 11 pounds gone in only a few months time, I am hooked on my 95% diet.

I have also noticed that eating this way I am hungry less and smaller amounts of food satiate me. This has also aided in my weight loss to be sure. I only have 6 more pounds to my goal weight, so here's to trying to lose the last little bit. But, as with any diet, I know these last few pounds will be the hardest to lose. Here's to hoping I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment