Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thrill of the Grill 5K


Today, Ryan and I participated in our first 5k, Central Market's Thrill of the Grill. Ryan was a rockstar and turned in a really good time 26 minutes and some odd seconds.  I on the other hand was not as awesome. I turned in a time around 29 minutes and a few seconds. Under 13 minutes per mile, but no where near where I'd like to be.  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures, one of Ryan and I waiting at the starting line and the other of the race about to begin. 


Although running in these races isn't really my thing, I am sure that I will do another one of these in the future. Not the near future as summer is fast approaching and I am not running in 90+ degree heat. I do think that we might just participate in this same 5k again next year. It was really well run, not too big of a race (only 1,700 runners) and we got an excellent Central Market breakfast afterward. All in all a wonderful day, minus the running and all. Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment