Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Day She Became Mrs. Banowsky


Yesterday one of my best friends, Caitlyn, got married to the love of her life, David. It was one of the most beautiful and fun weddings I have ever been to. The wedding itself was outdoors at Fountain Place in downtown Dallas. It was a bit windy, but a lovely ceremony full of love and life. I, of course, cried when Caitlyn and David read the vows they had written to one another. I could tell how in love they truly are.

Caitlyn selected a beautiful robin's egg blue and brown theme complete with bird end egg accents. It was so sweet yet elegant, as you can see from the cake below.


One of my other friends, Leila, was one of the bridesmaids.  She brought her boyfriend Daniel with her.


Aren't they sweet? Daniel and Leila met while they both attended UT Austin. They are both moving to Seattle, Washington soon though, and I will miss them terribly. It seems as if all of Ryan and my friends are moving away.  Don't get me wrong, I am super excited that she is happy and has a job that she will love, I just wish she and Daniel would live closer.  Alas, I have gotten sidetracked.  This post is really about Cait and David and their special wedding day.


I am so excited that Cait had a most awesome wedding day, but even more than that, I am excited that I got to see two of my great friends, Lei and Cait, because this is probably one of the last times we will be together for awhile.  At least until Leila decides she wants to get married (hint, hint). These girls and I have been through quite a bit together in the last 7 years, and I will always be there for them as I know they will be for me.

Finally, and most importantly, I had a great time with my husband.  It brought back memories of our wedding day, which was only a short year and a half ago. We had the best time dancing, singing and just being silly.  What a blessing!


This was one of the best weddings I have ever been to and Ryan and I can't wait for the ones in the near future!

Also, for your viewing pleasure, here is a video of Cait and her dad during the Father Daughter Dance.  What a fun family!


Who doesn't love the Crocodile Rock?!

And finally, a video of the first dance.  Awww...


No comments:

Post a Comment