Saturday, January 29, 2011

Surprise Date Night

So yesterday Ryan called and texted me a bazillion times at around 4:30pm. He was trying to get a hold of me to tell me that we were going on a surprise date. He told me to be ready to leave by no later than 6:30pm and dress like we were going to the symphony. He assured me we weren't really going to the symphony, but that actually sounded like fun to me, so I wouldn't have minded that.

I was ready to go by 6:15pm because I was super excited. Ryan has never taken me on a surprise date, so this must be an awesome event, I thought. We headed out in the car north towards Frisco. As we exited the highway, this is what I saw...



CIRQUE OVO? YES!!!

I was excited enough that we were getting to just go to Cirque. Then we got out of the car and promptly got ushered into the VIP Tapis Rouge tent. OMG! This included amazing dinner, alcohol, commemorative picture, Ovo program and excellent seats. The food was simply the best food I have had in a long, long time. Menu items included:

*Beef Tenderloin with Horseradish Mustard on Silver Dollar Rolls
*Crostini with Goat Cheese Dolop
*Edible Orchids Stuffed with Chicken Salad
*Baguette Sandwiches with Porcini Mushrooms
*Crab and Lobster Nachos
*Bloody Mary Shrimp Shooters
*Ahi Tuna Spoons with Red Pepper and Mandarin Orange
*Assorted Fruits and Cheeses with Hummus
*Asian Chicken Skewers with Spiced Cotton Candy (This was the best thing ever!)
*White and Red Wine, Champagne and Beer
After eating all of these absolutely wonderful things (yes, I had at least one of everything listed above except for the fruits and cheeses) and 2 glasses of champagne and a glass and a half of wine, it was time for the show. We had excellent seats and the show is amazing. The actors are all so into their characters. I love that about Cirque shows.




Intermission soon came and we were invited back into the VIP tent for more drinks and dessert. There were mini cupcakes, mini beneights, a chocolate fountain with dippers, a make your own cupcake bar and strawberry banana smoothie shooters. I am not a big chocolate fan, so I just had a mini beneight, three mini cupcakes and a strawberry banana smoothie shooter. Also, I found another couple glasses of champagne to drink. Yum! Also, during intermission we picked up our commemorative photo and free program.

After intermission, we went back in to watch the last half of the show. It is now my second favorite Cirque out of the four I have seen. Nothing yet has beaten the first Cirque Ryan ever took me to, LOVE in Las Vegas. Although I liked LOVE better than Ovo, the Ovo experience was the best date Ryan and I have ever had and I know I will never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment