Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


This year, Ryan and I hosted our first Thanksgiving Dinner for our families. Everyone who lives in town was able to come. My parents were there as were Ryan's grandpa and Pat, his sister Laurel, my Aunt Mare and soon-to-be Uncle Bob and my grandpa. Ten in total! Quite an undertaking considering we make everything, and I do mean everything from scratch. Mom and Mare brought appetizers and Laurel brought a pumpkin pie, but Ryan and I made everything else. The menu included:

Pioneer Herb-Roasted Turkey with a Sage Gravy
Southern Style Cornbread Stuffing
Orange and Ginger Scented Cranberry Sauce
Sweet Potato Puff
French Cut Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Honey Wheat Rolls
 
Pumpkin Pie
Vanilla Cheesecake Pecan Pie

Pear and Sparkling Cider Cocktails

It was wondeful to have everyone join us in our new home. I see many more family Thanksgivings to be hosted in the Alexander house!

No comments:

Post a Comment