Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Disney Dining

One of our favorite parts of any vacation is the dining experience. While at Disney, you will eat at some of the best restaurants around, in my opinion. We ate at some old favorites as well as some new restaurants that have now made the favorites list. Below is a short list of where we ate with a general rating and a very small commentary on each.

TUESDAY

Restaurant Marrakesh

3 out of 5
Excellent atmosphere and yummy food. We enjoyed the music and belly dancer and had some of the best couscous Ryan and I had ever eaten.

Yachtsman Steakhouse

5 out of 5
This is, by far, one of our new favorite Disney restaurants. The service was impeccable and the steak I had was prepared perfectly. The manager also called our room and left a message to ensure that we had an excellent time while visiting his restaurant. Excellent experience and even better food!

WEDNESDAY

Biergarten Restaurant

5 out of 5
This was an experience I wasn't looking forward to. It seemed like I wouldn't care for much of the food they would offer, but it was a buffet, so as long as I found one thing to eat, I would be happy. Plus, Ryan was really excited about going here. I was shocked! The food was excellent and I found a lot of things I really enjoyed. They also had a polka band that was quite entertaining. A new favorite we will definitely visit again!

Teppan Edo

3 out of 5
We had been here before and liked it so we went back. The food is always overcooked, because it is more of a show than dinner. I am absolutely in love with the Cherry Blossom Martini they serve here, but the food is pretty bad, so we probably won't go back again.

THURSDAY

Liberty Tree Tavern
\
3 out of 5
This was an okay restaurant. It kinda reminded me of a Black Eyed Pea. I just had a burger, but it was pretty good. It was better than eating a slice of pizza while sitting on a curb at the Magic Kingdom, but the service was slow and the food was just so-so. I don't think we'll be going back again.

Citricos

5 out of 5
This restaurant was a true surprise. I am not usually a fan of the restaurants at The Grand Floridian Hotel as they are all kinda stuffy, but this was the exception. The service was amazing, best we had, and the food was even better. I had the best pork belly ever and I'm not even that big of a fan. This is for sure a new favorite and we will be back!

FRIDAY

Food and Wine Festival

5 out of 5
What can I say? All different tastes, small samples, and they count as snack credits? Amazing!

Nine Dragons

3 out of 5
The food was amazing. Well, at least mine was. Ryan said his wasn't edible, which is saying a lot because he has never turned his nose up at anything. The atmosphere was awful and it felt very impersonal. My food was the only reason this restaurant didn't score lower. We will not be returning here.

SATURDAY

Sanaa

6 out of 5
Yes, you read right. Sanaa scored a 6 out of 5. This is just to make the point that this is, by far, my favorite Disney restaurant. The food is excellent and truly unique. A blend of African and Indian. I guess it is an acquired taste, but Ryan and I love it. Plus, this time we had mango lassis where were amazing! Great atmosphere, I mean where else can you dine and look out the window at giraffes and zebra? Plus excellent food and great service. How could it get any better? Yum!

Kouzzina

5 out of 5
This restaurant was a bit of a surprise for me. It wasn't my first choice, but Ryan was really excited about going, so we did. The dilemma I had was that none of the food sounded good to me, basically because everything had tomatoes in it, but what I ended up ordering was beyond excellent! They had the best bread and olive oil followed up by the best "lasagna" I have ever had. If you ever visit, make sure you order the lasagna. You won't be disappointed!

SUNDAY

Food and Wine Festival

5 out of 5
Yum!

California Grill

3 out of 5
Surprisingly, I didn't enjoy this restaurant as much as I did on our last vacation. The rock shrimp salad was still amazing. But, my steak was not so good. I hate a sauced steak, so I guess it was my fault for ordering it, but yuck. Then, the key lime cheesecake for dessert, it was awful. Inedible for me, although Ryan thought it was okay. All in all, I really don't want to go back here.

MONDAY

Food and Wine Festival

5 out of 5
Yum, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment