Friday, January 20, 2012

Sugar Addiction Update

So maybe starting this whole thing on Thursday didn't happen. In fact, I had frozen yogurt on Friday, a cupcake at a birthday party on Saturday, and ice cream on Sunday. Fail, indeed. I guess it was stupid to try and start this no sugar for a week thing when we planned to go out of town and head to a birthday party to boot. So,the good news? I haven't had any overt sugar, except for the dark chocolate I said I would eat in strict moderation, since Monday. That means I have had 5 days with no overt sugar! A big accomplishment for me, actually. So what has that meant for weight loss? I have had no other real changes to my diet, because I eat pretty healthy except for my sugar cravings, but I have lost 3 lbs! Not a lot, but a lot for just 5 days. I'll take it.

Now I'm sure that I will eat some sugar here and there, but maybe not until I lose a couple more pounds. Who knew it was sugar holding me back from weight loss?!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment