Thursday, January 12, 2012

Maybe It Isn't About Weight Loss

Hi, my name is Charlotte and I am a sugar addict.

So as I just posted a few days ago, I am for sure trying to lose some more weight. Here's the deal. I eat pretty darn well. I eat fresh fruits and veggies. I don't eat red meat more than 1-2 times per month. I eat very little white flour and dairy. I don't have any milk in my diet (I'm only drinking Almond Milk). I don't eat things like mayonnaise and ketchup. I eat mostly organic veggies and fruits. I walk at least 1.5 miles 5 times per week. But I am utterly, hopelessly addicted to sugar.

Cupcakes, Cookies and Ice Cream are my vices. So, I had my last bite of sugar, other than slight amounts of dark chocolate, for awhile. Now I am not going to cut out sweets from my life forever, because that simply isn't reasonable or realistic. I do, however, need a major detox.

Granted, I will have sugar in my diet because there are tons of foods that have sugar in them, from crackers to bread. I am talking about detoxing from overt sugar. I admit, I had not one but two donuts this morning for breakfast. But, for the next week, no overt sugar. Bye bye cakes, cookies, pies and the like. The only exception I may make is one or two bites of Pecan Pie at Salt Lick when we head to Austin this weekend. Other than that, I can do this for at least one week, right? (Crossing my fingers tight...)

No comments:

Post a Comment