Sunday, August 15, 2010

What A Busy Life

Life has seemed to be so much busier than usual for us lately. This week was the final week that we had a contractor in the house finishing up after the water damage. He was the tub refinisher and did an excellent job. The bad part of the week was since the tubs were wet from the work done, we couldn't stay in our home for two days while it dried. We spent both Monday and Tuesday night at Ryan's parent's home. It was so nice of them to allow us to stay there so that we didn't have to purchase a hotel room and they were such gracious hosts. I was very excited to get back to our finally finished home on Wednesday night, though!



Lately, work for me has been really intense. I feel like I am drowning under the work. Although this small stack of paperwork pictured above may not look that intense, each of those sheets takes between 5-10 minutes to process, so do the math. That is at least 17 hours of work. It seems like the more competent you are the more they just pile on the work. Don't get me wrong, I do like being considered competent enough to be trusted with a high work load, I am just tired. Hopefully the economy will turn around and we can bring some more money into the organization so that there will be relief for all the staff. One can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment