Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recipe: MugCake


So Ryan has started school again which leaves me home by myself a lot. Unfortunately, I cannot just sit back and rest like most would, I have to find little projects to do. I think it is part of me channeling Kate Gosselin. You know how she always comes up with these stupid little projects for her brood to do? Well I think I pulled tonight's project straight from her play book. If you can't tell from the picture, which I am 100% sure you can't, that is MugCake. Yes, you take cake ingredients, mix them together in a mug and microwave it for three minutes. The cake makes this tall column which I was sure was going to fall over and make a huge mess, but it really did sink back into the mug after the microwave went off. Overall, it didn't taste great, but it was way better than I ever imagined.

All you need ingredient wise is:
4 Tablespoons flour
9 Tablespoons hot chocolate mix
1 pinch of salt
1 egg
3 Tablespoons water
3 Tablespoons oil
Cooking Spray

Then all you do is:

1. Spray a little cooking spray into the mug.
2. Measure out the flour, hot chocolate mix and salt into the mug. Stir.
3. Crack the egg into the mug. Stir a bit after adding the egg so the cup doesn't overflow.
4. Add water and oil.
5. Stir until thoroughly moistened. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the mug with your spoon to avoid any leftover pockets of dry ingredients.
6. Put the mug in the microwave on high and set the timer for 3 minutes.

So although it may seem nuts, I am enjoying doing some crazy little projects like this one. I guess I may make a pretty good mom when it comes to keeping little ones busy. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment