Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Almost Turkey Time

So, it's almost Thanksgiving and, although I'm not a big Turkey Day person, it's always great to spend time with family. Thanksgiving isn't really my thing because I am not a big turkey person. Although my husband makes the best turkey I've ever tasted, I really don't like the bird or it's counterpart, gravy.

Anyway, this year we are headed to my parent's house where Ryan will cook all day, filling the house with wonderful, calorie-free smells. We are responsible for the turkey, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green beans and pumpkin pie. My mom is making sweet potatoes and a pistachio salad. She is also making things to nosh on throughout the day and during the Cowboys game. Of course we will also be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, one of my favorites, as soon as Ryan gets to the house after he and some friends run the 2011 Turkey Trot in Downtown Dallas.

It's shapping up to be fun holiday. Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment