Monday, September 10, 2012

Review: Kashi Chocolate Squares




Last Friday, I received a sample of Kashi's new Chocolate Soft-Baked Squares in the mail. I was excited because I like most everything that Kashi makes and all of it is pretty healthy, which is always a plus. So, how did these taste? They were pretty darn good if you ask me! They are tangy and taste like real chocolate. Unfortunately they are a bit dry. Also, if you are wanting something super sweet, these aren't for you. They are great if you are trying to eliminate white sugar, as they are sweetened with sweet potatoes, organic agave syrup, and cane juice.

It does confuse me as to why they can't call them brownies. I am sure it has to do with the ingredients somehow, but I didn't know the term brownie had some strict definition. They are actually a lot like the Little Debbie brownies you had as a kid, minus the frosting and much drier.

These certainly fit into my current diet, as they contain 4g of fiber, 10g of whole grains, and are only 160 calories per square. I only wish they sold these at my grocery store, Market Street, so I didn't have to make a separate trip to the Super Target to get them. Anyway, I obviously think they are worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment