Saturday, March 31, 2012

Restaurant Review: Sushiism, Carrollton

Sushiism Restaurant and Social Lounge
http://www.sushiism.com/
Category: Sushi Bars, Japanese
Address: 1628 W. Hebron Parkway, Carrollton, Texas 75010
Star Review: 5/5

This is an absolutely wonderful restaurant! First off, the owner is so welcoming and will ensure that you are aware of all of the specials, of which they have many. They also have some excellent happy hour specials. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and is a calming environment. Of course, the most important part is the food.

My husband and I have now been to Sushiism twice. The first time we had dumplings, fried oysters, tuna stuffed avocado, and two different sushi rolls. We also had wonderful sake, both cold and hot. Everything tasted amazing!

The second time we went (this time with my parents) we again had the dumplings, they were just too good not to have again, and three rolls. We were still a little hungry after that and the owner recommended the marinated cod. It was a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I am so glad she recommended it. It was some of the best fish I have ever eaten. We also ordered another roll. All I can say is that EVERYTHING we have ordered in the two times that we have been to Sushiism was so tasty!

I would have to give the food and atmosphere both solid fours. What puts this restaurant over the top is the staff. They are welcoming and helpful, but not smothering. And the fact that the owner is there to give her recommendations is really special. She even spent some time teaching my mom how to use chopsticks!

I recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone, adventurous eater or not, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment