Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Restaurant Review: Fat Cow BBQ, Lewisville


Fat Cow BBQ
http://www.fatcowbbq.com
Category: Barbeque
Address: 850 Valley Ridge Parkway, Suite128, Lewisville, Texas 75077
Star Review: 4/5

I must say I am always a bit wary of trying a new BBQ place in Texas. We have so many of them, and sorry to say that a majority aren't that great. Most often the BBQ is bland or tastes like it came from a big vat in the back. Now, let's get to Fat Cow.

I read many great reviews and thought, well it's so close to home I better try it out. Boy am I glad I did. I got the two meat plate which comes with two sides and a roll. I chose Spicy Beef Sausage, Pulled Pork, Mac and Cheese and Potato Salad. The pulled pork was succulent and had a great smoky flavor to it. It was great even without any sauce because it had so much flavor of its own. The sausage was good as well, although it was a bit greasy for my taste. The flavor and spice was good, though. The mac and cheese was good, but had way too much pepper in it. That didn't stop me from eating it all though. The potato salad was to die for! It was creamy, tangy and sweet all rolled into one. Yum! Seeing as how I am quite the bread connoisseur, I can say the roll was excellent as well. The BBQ sauce was a bit too sweet, but still good.

If you are a fan of places like Spring Creek BBQ, don't even bother coming here. This isn't fast food BBQ. This is Texas BBQ. Great food, great price, excellent service. I will definitely be back. Until then, Fat Cow, until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment