Monday, September 26, 2011

Like a Kid Again

This Sunday was one of the best date days that Ryan and I have had in a while. We had so much fun!  First, we headed to Brookhaven for brunch. It was excellent, as always. They always have the greatest food. Fruit, oatmeal, grits, muffins, danishes, english muffins, fresh made belgian waffles, fresh made-to-order omlets, hash browns, biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon and more. Yum! Too bad with my healthy eating I cuold only have the fruit and an english muffin. Okay, so I had a danish. Oh and a sausages patty. Oh well!


Next up? A surprise Ryan planned for me. We went to Nickelrama which is a really cool nickel arcade in Garland. It cost $2.95/per person to enter, but then games were on average only 15 cents to play. We only played two types of games the entire time. Pinball, which I enjoy more than I'll ever let on to Ryan, and the Deal or No Deal game. My favorite pinball machine there was the Lord of the Rings pinball machine. Ryan liked the Indiana Jones one the best. It was a lot of fun. I was glad we went early, because towards the end of our time there, the place flooded with children's birthday parties. We will definitely have to go again soon!


Now, for something I have wanted to do for quite some time, a visit to Yogurtland! It is a frozen yogurt place where you can choose any fro yo flavors in any combination and then toppings galore. Then, you place your cup on the scale and pay by the ounce. I got Oatmeal Cookie, Red Velvet Cake and Toasted Coconut. No toppings. Ryan got Toasted Coconut, Pistachio and Madagascar Vanilla Bean. I would say we both enjoyed the Pistachio the most. I would for sure get that one next time. Anyway, YUM!

Here's to a fun, cheep, feel like a kid again date day!

No comments:

Post a Comment