Saturday, February 5, 2011

Iced-In Pizza and Pie Night

Since I have been snowed in for five days now, count them FIVE, baking has taken over my life. The snow was really coming down yesterday, to the point we had to cancel our trip to Austin. Dang it!


Anyway, even though the office was closed, Ryan decided to go into work. I figured that since he was already out, he could pick me up a few things at the store. So last night Ryan made homemade wheat pizza crusts. My pizza was BBQ Chicken and Ryan had just regular chicken with tomato sauce.


For desert, I made a banana cream pie. I kinda cheated and had Ryan buy a pre-made graham cracker crust. As much as I like baking I hate making my own crusts, graham or regular pie. Anyway, I layered bananas on the bottom, pudding type custard in the middle and whipped cream and bananas on top. It was pretty darn good! I even used skim milk and had Ryan get a reduced fat crust. Anything to still be able to bake but not gain any more iced in the house and can't get out to run weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment