Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Austin, TX...Yes Please!

So this past weekend Ryan and I set out to visit our friends in Austin, Texas. They just had the cutest baby in the entire world and we were so excited to meet him. There is a show called Man vs. Food that Ryan and I are watching all the time, so we decided to visit restaurants that had been featured on that show. For this trip that included Salt Lick BBQ, Fran's Hamburgers and Amy's Ice Cream. All three were great!

Salt Lick was the BEST BBQ Ryan and I had ever had. That is saying a lot as we are from Texas and have eaten quite a bit of BBQ in our time. As you can see, we both REALLY enjoyed ourselves!




Dinner was filled with brisket, sausage, ribs, potato salad, coleslaw, beans and the best dang BBQ sauce I have ever had! The fact that Salt Lick is BYOB didn't hurt either. I absolutely love this place and we will definitely be going back soon!

After having such a ridiculous dinner Friday night, Ryan and I both got up to run 5k the next morning, so that we could continue to eat of course! On the meal schedule for Saturday were Fran's , Amy's and Central Market. At Fran's it was a jalapeƱo burger for Ryan and a bacon cheeseburger for me. We tried to be somewhat healthy by splitting fries. Ugh! Still artery clogging, I know, but so good for a little hole in the wall type place.


Amy's was next to add insult to injury. Ryan had something called Chewwy-Baka (duh!) and I had something called Bloody Sword (to this day that name makes no sense to me). The C-B consisted of coffee ice cream, peanut butter, Heath bar and pecan praline sauce. The Blood Sword consisted of mexican vanilla ice cream, coconut, cameo cookies and pecan praline sauce. Both were a-ma-zing!




For dinner that night, we decided to bring CM to Mike, Amanda and Henry's house so they didn't have to get out. We had so much fun visiting their new home, catching up, having dinner and meeting the cutest baby boy in the country. Ryan and I miss them more than I think we realized and more than they may know. I can't say enough how fun it was to see them, even though we just hung out and did nothing. It was a great, great night!



(See! Cutest boy ever! I told you!)


As a random side note, while we were picking up dinner at the CM, I really needed some bottled water. I decided I would buy whatever was cheapest because all the bottled water is really the same anyway, right? Look what crap they have in Austin...


Yes, this is water you are supposed to buy to support UT students and it is in the shape of the tower on campus. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great to support college students, but this is the cheesiest thing I have ever seen. I think TCU needs to sell water in a bottle shaped like a Horned Frog. Now that, I would buy a case of!

Until next time Austin, which hopefully won't be long, because I am missing little Henry already...

No comments:

Post a Comment