Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rest In Peace Teddy


Today I found out that a longtime friend of mine, Teddy Brock, was shot and killed last night. This picture is from his wedding which was just 9 months ago. Unfortunately, the police don't seem to have any leads on his killer. The news report was short. "Dallas homicide detectives are investigating the death of a 26-year-old man found gunned down Monday evening in a South Dallas home. Officers responding to a 911 call found Laquinton Brock at about 7 p.m. at a home in the 1600 block of Hatcher Street, near Lamar Street, police said. He was taken to Baylor University Medical Center and pronounced dead. Investigators are looking for witnesses to the crime." My prayers are with his wife D'Andre, who I had the pleasure of working with, his adorable son Terry and his baby that will be born 6 months from now, Taylor. No one deserves to die this way. These children don't deserve to not have their loving father around. No child deserves to be born having never known their father. He was a friend to many and will be sorely missed by all. Rest in Peace Teddy.

1 comment:

  1. I found out the news today. I went to UNT with Teddy. We weren't the closest of friends but we had a great respect for each other. I thought he was a great athlete he had a sweet jump shot and a quick first step. He had a great aura around him. People just wanted to know who he was.

    I spoke to him via fb chat earlier this year and we caught up with one another. He texted me a few months ago... now I realize that his text messages to me were a few short weeks before his murder.

    He told me he was coming to Atlanta and he had a layover and that I should show him around. I thought that was a great idea but I forgot the day and time he was to come through. I assumed that he was in a rush and didn't have as much layover time as he originally assumed. The last text message that I got from him was that he was changing his number and he wanted me to have the new number. It seemed like a mass message... that was his last message to me.

    Teddy Rest In Peace brother. You're surely missed

    - J. Streete

    ReplyDelete