Monday, December 5, 2011

Officially UTSW


It's official. I am a UT Southwestern Medical Center employee. Today was my orientation and first day. I had a great time meeting new people and getting settled in to my new office. Orientation lasted from 8am - 12pm. It was fairly uneventful, but informative. After orientation was over, I headed to lunch with Karen, a woman I met. She playfully calls herself the Bone Collector, and even has it tattooed on her back, as she works to save bone, skin and corneas from donors. I guess that may gross some of you out, but I really enjoyed hearing some of her stories. She also has her mortuary license, so that was neat to talk about as well. Yes, I like hospitals and creepy stories. I guess I've found my perfect home!

After lunch, I headed to the Peds department where I met tons of new folks. I can only say I am glad we all wear badges, because I would never remember all of the names. Everyone I met was really friendly and helpful. I also got to learn more about what I will be doing, and I am more excited than ever. Tomorrow I will get my Children's Medical Center badge and probably head over there for part of the day. I will be working with both hospitals, since I am in the Peds department, so I am really excited about that too. I guess I am just overall ecstatic about my new job!

More stories to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment